Tuesday, April 16, 2013

God Sized Dream-Interesting Week

Since the last time I posted, things have gotten interesting.God-Sized Button

Last week, I did not post as I have been every Tuesday since January. While I was initially very discouraged by not having time to write a post for the God Sized Dream challenge I've been following all year, when I was finally able to sit down at my computer and get caught up with the blog postings I missed, I was pleasantly surprised by what I found.

This week's God Sized Dream challenge was- Set aside a particular time this week to be with Him–to pray, journal, take a walk or simply sit quietly and listen.

You see, last week I was a little busy. Normally I am off on Monday and Tuesday. It was the end of the marking period so I was handling the reward for our students who met their accelerated reading goal. We had a "game day", which was tons of fun for the students. But that made my work week a full 5 days, not just my normal 2 1/2.  We have a book fair coming up, and testing, one more accelerated reader reward to do, and only about 6 weeks of school left. I also have a teenage daughter learning to drive, starting her first job and choreographing parts of the spring musical. A son that is playing baseball, struggling with reading and math.By the end of the week I was completely exhausted

Of course something had to go.  
After much prayer, a small tantrum and a bit of good news, I came to terms with not being able to write last week.

Yet, none of that is the interesting part.

On Saturday, I took my son to opening day for the baseball league he is involved in.  Normally my husband would have gone with me. Work is a little hectic right now for him, so he was unable to attend with me. Which meant that I would be there alone.  We are still relatively new to this area and the league he plays in is actually in another county. I don't really know any of the other moms.
My son went off with his friends and I sat on the bleachers with my journal. I figured it would be a good time to take advantage of being alone. 

You see what's coming right?

Yup. I prayed and wrote, and prayed and wrote and prayed some more and wrote some more. I asked God lots of questions I had been wanting to ask him. I poured my heart out to him in my journal. 
Later that afternoon I fired up the laptop to do a bit of blog reading and check email. I hopped on over to Holley's blog to see what the next challenge would be.
This is what I read: Set aside a particular time this week to be with Him–to pray, journal, take a walk or simply sit quietly and listen.


I couldn't believe what I was reading. After being upset that I couldn't write last week, not only did I get time to write in my journal, but I had already met the week's challenge before I knew what it was!

God is so good.

And just because He can, God made it a little better.

Sunday when we went to church our pastor began a new series titled "Blueprint for a Bigger Vision". The theme of the series being.....are you ready for this......"how to dream big and do big things for God"

Here is a picture of the page in my journal where I took notes during the sermon-

 
 
He used Noah as his main example.

Noah was obedient to God even when he didn't understand.
Noah was old, according to scripture 600 years.
Noah built an ark that was 450 feet long, and 75 feet high that accomodated his family and two of every animal in the world at the time.
Noah waited 120 years from the time God told him to build the ark, until it rained.
Once inside the ark, it was probably close to 1 year before they found dry land again.

I can't even begin to tell you how these three points line up with just about every question I hit God with on Saturday sitting with my journal.


Oh, and the good news I mentioned earlier in this post?
I was offered the full time librarian position at my kid's school.

Told you it was an interesting week.


3 comments:

  1. I love how God knows what we need and gives it, often without us even asking! Blessings, sweet friend, as you keep dreaming and doing! And congrats on the job, too...God is Good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great the way God works things out, Josey? And in cool ways we can't imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "God is so good.
    And just because He can, God made it a little better." Oh yes He is so good. I also wrote about Noah and how he obeyed God and God took care of the rest. I love it when He connects us all in such an encouraging way.

    PS. I notice in your photo you wrote Anglea Thomas "be ready". Did you happen to go to She Speaks 2010 ? I heard she share her be ready message then and it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete