Tuesday, February 19, 2013

God-Sized Dream-stop delaying and start doing

Thank you to everyone who has come along on this God-Sized Dream journey. It has been enlightening.
It has also been very productive.

This week's step toward my God-Sized Dream in 2013 is:
"what are you going to stop delaying and start doing so you can be ready for whatever is ahead for you"

In order for me to meet my goal of "obedience" in my God-Sized Dream, the one thing I need to stop delaying and start doing is.......writing.

See, I'm the kind of person who does alot of thinking, doing and conversing inside my own head.
I joke, that I have written entire books, just not on paper. I have ideas for devotions, that I have left in the corner of my mind.  I sometimes day dream while waiting in the parking lot at school and I see entire scenes of characters, but it usually takes months to write it down. Sometimes I don't write it down at all. I hear songs on the radio that inspire stories and I let it sing through my mind and then float away with the last notes of the song.
Always with the excuse that there are more important things that need to be done. Or the excuse that I am just not good enough at writing to bother putting it to paper. As a wife and mother, who is part time employed there are always things to be done. But you know what? There is still time if I allow it. I covered this in one of my other posts. And not to toot my own horn, but I am good enough to put it on paper. God has given me this gift, so to say I'm not good enough is like saying God isn't good enough.

So no more. No more hearing a character's voice and ignoring it. No more getting inspiration for a devotion and letting it slip away. No more excuses.  My laptop is always on the kitchen counter or the coffee table. I carry a small notebook in my purse to write notes when I get ideas. The back page of my journal I use in church has small snipets and notes about things scribbled on it. (sorry pastor, sometimes the notes I'm writing are not about the sermon).

Out of complete obedience, I have decided I will not allow the words that God has given me to go unwritten.


Josey

2 comments:

  1. Josey,

    Why not get a little recording machine and record your thoughts and then write them down when you get time.
    Just a though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have written blog post, prepared bible studies and even worked complete craft project in my head but just can't seem to get them out in the real world

    ReplyDelete