Tuesday, January 8, 2013

God-Sized Dreams


Last year a friend gave me a book called “You Are Already Amazing” written by Holley Gerth. You can learn more about Holley and her books here:  http://holleygerth.com/ The book was wonderful and I began following her blog.  Right away I realized Holley was someone who was good at encouragement.  Whenever I would read a post, I always felt as though she knew me and my struggles and was giving me words right from her heart to mine. Just read a few of her posts and you will see what I mean.

At the end of the year Holley announced a new book coming out.  “The Do What You Can Plan”

Along with the book, she issued a challenge to her followers and anyone else who wanted to join in.  
The challenge was to say yes your “God-sized dream”.  http://holleygerth.com/category/god-sized-dreams/
The book takes you one small step at a time toward whatever dream that is in your heart.

Each week, on Tuesday there will be an assignment designed to move you closer to that dream.

The first assignment?  Answer this question-“What is your God-sized dream?”

Again, it’s as if she is talking right to me with this.

It’s a new year and just like everyone else I have a list of things that I would like to change or accomplish this year.  There’s probably about a dozen things on this list.  But part of the purpose of Holley’s challenge was to make to pursuit of my dream doable. To create something that is unattainable.  Small steps, small changes which can lead to big results.

So in thinking about what my God-sized dream I wanted to make it as specific as possible.  I didn’t want to abandon my New Year’s list however, so I tried to figure out a way to set a goal that could be accomplish but that didn’t neglect anything I wanted to do this year.

Yeah, I hear you…….I’m biting off more than I chew.

You’re probably right.

But when you reach the milestone age that I reached two years ago and you realize that you haven’t accomplished nearly as much as you would have liked to…..and the bottom of the hill is looming large before you…..you tend to get a little over achieving.
So what is my God-sized dream?

It’s simple really.

Just one word.

One word that encompasses everything about my life that needs to change.
A word that saying yes to could mean the difference between doing and not doing...... following and not following......... trusting and not trusting...........becoming or not becoming.
The one thing I believe has been holding me back all this time.

But the Lord answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42
The only thing necessary  to tackle that New Year's list.
For real change to take place.

It's what it really all comes down to.



Obedience.

 
Thanks for stopping by today.
I’ll be back next Tuesday as I follow along with Holley in pursuing my God-sized dream.

 Josey

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes ... that ... Obedience ... I pray that you and I will become more like HIM in this area ... for HE did not opt out on me or you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Josey! I can't wait to see the Lord open some exciting doors for you. Blessings to you as you OBEY :)

    ReplyDelete