Tuesday, January 15, 2013

God-Sized Dream-The Next Step


Last week I filled you in on Holley Gerth and her challenge for this year.


The first step was to give the God-Sized Dream words.  I wrote a post last Tuesday about what my God-Sized Dream was.

Obedience.

This week the next step is to “do one thing to move forward in your God-Sized Dream” And we get extra credit if we make it simple, something you can do in just a few minutes.

Since my God-Sized Dream is obedience, the simplest thing I can do to move toward this (in just a few minutes) is to commit the time…… to God and what he is wants me to do. This includes daily time focused on God and His word, as well as setting aside specific time to write. You see, obedience, for me includes being obedience in all things that God has asked me to do. So my goal is really two fold.

 Now I know what you are all thinking, “well she should be doing that anyway, how is that moving toward her goal of obedience?” Well, I’ll be honest, daily time with God is something that has not always gone well with me.  It is an area of my life that I constantly neglect.  I always start the year out doing well, then somewhere along the way it gets pushed to the back burner. Then I begin to miss the time, or rush through it to get to something else. It is very easy to let distractions get in the way of obedience to God. As far as writing goes, I have numerous excuses for not doing it. There is always something that is more important or that needs my attention more. But I can’t do that anymore. I have to do my part in using this gift that God’s has given me.  Although I know God can and will do all that He can to fulfill this purpose he has for me, I cannot expect Him to do all the work involved.

So everyday, so far, I have made my time with God a priority. And I have designated Sunday, Monday and as writing days.  I have literally just taken the Nike slogan to heart and "just did it"
I just opened the laptop and started typing....starting working.  Before I knew it, I had written a page, and a post and a devotion.

And praise God, so far I have stuck to this time commitment.  Here I am the second Tuesday of posting on my blog again, and yesterday I turned in two devotions to my church women’s devotion leader.

Obedience is the key. I truly believe that. By being obedient, God has blessed me with the time and inspiration need to do what he has asked me to do. He has spoken to me through my daily time with Him in ways I could never have imagined in these first few weeks.

I am finding myself waiting on Him every day to see what He is going to do next……..

Proverbs 8:34 (NASB) “Blessed is the man who listens to me,Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at my doorposts.

 Josey

 

2 comments:

  1. Keep going you'll be glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Josey. I'm loving Holley's focus and can't wait for the book. Look forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete