Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tug of War

Well I guess you have noticed that it has been pretty quiet around here lately.
I'm sorry for that.

My only excuse is that God has been doing some work in me these last few months. 
I've been wrestling with God over this issue of writing. Trying to figure out how it all fits together in my life and what exactly He wants me to do with it, if at all.

It's been a Tug of War.

A back and forth with Him on one side and me on the other.
I never knew from day to day which side was going to have more rope.
There were times I struggled to hold on and then there were times I was pulled along my feet barely touching the ground.
It got slippery and I felt as though I were losing my footing, sinking down into the muck.
It has been hard, teeth gritting and grueling.
I've been weary and unsure of my strength.
I shed tears of struggle and tears of triumph.

Now each of us are poised holding that rope steady, completely balanced on each side.
No more fighting for control.
No more back and forth.
Standing firm, not slipping or sliding down.
The red flag hanging directly in the middle.

I'm looking at the red that hangs down and I'm reminded of who and what it is all about. I know that to struggle against it is futile. That the red, is the reason for all and there is no sense fighting against it because the red will always win. As it did then, and as it should now.

No matter what my fears, excuses and complaints I come up with they are just that. If I am to honor the red flag it must remain in it's proper place. In the middle.....connecting me to the one who makes all possible with a big strong rope that doesn't ever leave His hands.

I am always on the other end of His rope. If I just keep holding onto the rope and not pull my own way, I am free to follow where ever He leads, even if it is not where I thought.





My intention at this point is to get back to posting here in some kind of regular form within the next month.


Thank you for being patient with me.

Josey

1 comment:

  1. Josey that was beautiful! Loved it! Thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete