Sunday, October 30, 2011


Day 30

The final item.

I have been making a list of one gift from God every day for the last ten days of this series.

Today’s item is:

Sundays

As I sit here in the front room of our house, the room we use as a “den” typing away on my laptop,
I'm wearing my comfy clothes complete with fuzzy socks,

 I can hear football on the TV in the living room,

the dogs are lazying in the sun,

 the dryer is flopping a weeks’ worth of clothes around in it,

 already I smell the chicken roasting in the oven,

the sun is shining yet I know the air is crisp,

my son is throwing the football around in the yard with his friend,

although the floor needs sweeping and there are crumbs on my counter,  I have no plans, no demands,  nothing that I “have to” do today,

That’s my  Sunday, the Sabbath, the seventh day.

The day of rest.

And why it belongs on a gratitude list.

Rest, relaxation, rejuvenation, connection with friends, family……..comfort, calmness, down time,……….preparation for the coming week,

However you use it,  It is a gift from God. Something He knew we would all need. It was built into the plan from the very inception of this earth. Of course some of us may need more than one day sometimes, but knowing we have at least one each week should give us some comfort.

 Because a lot can be accomplished in one day, including some of the most important things.



Josey

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing this series has been! I hate to see it come to an end, but it's good to be reminded about the simple blessings of life. And I'm with you on a Sabbath rest. Heard a preacher say "If you do 'get-ahead' work on Sunday, it means you don't have faith that God will help you get everything done during a normal work week."
    Ouch.

    ReplyDelete