Wednesday, October 26, 2011


Day 26

Still Counting

Number 6

The night sky.



On a clear night I somehow find myself outside, looking up. I just can’t help it. I have always been fascinated with the night sky. Of course the only shapes I can make out are the Big and Little Dippers. I know there is more up there but I don't know how to find them. Somehow that doesn’t matter. I just stand and stare taking in all that is up there with great awe and wonder. Sometimes when a night is a special one I will just wander out there and look up. Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries. I am drawn to it in a way that I simply cannot explain. And now that I live in the mountains of Virginia, I have some of the clearest views of the sky that I have ever had. I don’t ever remember being able to see this much sky where we lived before in New Jersey. Our previous back yard had a nice view, but not like the views I have here in Virginia.

The one thing I would love to do that I have never done is lay on a blanket and just look up at the night sky. Of course, I would hope that one day, I will.

Oh, and if the moon is bright and visible, than all the better. I have been known to open the blinds on the window near my bed if it is a full moon, just so I can look at it as I fall asleep.

You know, he could have just created everything and stuck it up there all business like. But He took the time to make it beautiful. He created something that is a joy to look at as well as serve His purpose of a balanced universe.

What a true gift or divine favor from God if I ever saw one.

 I have tried to take pictures of the moon and stars but they don’t turn out that well. The images here are from the internet. Here is a link to a website that has images from the Hubble Telescope if you are interested in seeing pictures of the universe up close: http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/


Josey

1 comment:

  1. I love night shots and trying to imagine what's out there. Hard to wrap your brain around!

    ReplyDelete