Tuesday, October 25, 2011


Day 25

Just what I need

Number 5 on my list:  God’s intimate provision

Monday I received an email from someone whom I’ve never actually met face to face, and it was just what I needed. You see, I’ve been writing short devotionals for my church’s women’s ministry. They go out by email every week day. All of us who write them receive emails from the woman in charge with encouragement and writing tips. Yesterday the email she sent had a video link in it.

The video was of Ann VosKamp being interviewed at Patrick Henry College. Here is the link if you want to watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BizOQz4ZQyg&feature=related I must warn you though not only is it about an hour long, but at times, if you are like me, it will bring tears to your eyes.

Which I think is exactly what God had in mind. There were many things that she said in this interview that I feel like were spoken directly to me. Not only did He speak to me today, but he did it in such a way as I would certainly take notice. One of the fears I have had is not being able to discern when God is speaking to me. That wasn’t a problem today. As soon as I saw Ann’s name, I sat up and took notice. As I am sure God knew I would. I was completely engrossed in listening to her voice for the entire video. I heard every word she said and by the end I knew it was no longer Ann speaking to me from the other side of the screen, but God speaking through her. I don’t even know when this video was actually recorded, but I know for sure her words were meant for me today.

That is the meaning of number 5 on my list, God’s intimate provision.

There are many things I love about having a relationship with God. But what jabs at my heart the most is how he speaks to us by the specific means necessary to reach each of us personally. The way he talks to me, is not the same way He may talk to others.

The messages He gives to me are not generic, they are personal and specific for me and my needs on any given day.

Unless I am intentional in my looking for God, I would not have noticed this.

What about you? Have you heard God speaking to you recently in a specific way? I’d love to hear about it.

 Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment