Monday, October 24, 2011


Day 24

Counting gifts continued.

 Here is what I have so far.

1. My Godly alarm clock.

2. A child’s note after a night of work.

3. Enough time.



And today’s number four on the list.

4. All things fall.

I love this time of year. I am counting it as a gift from God because it is so special to me. Everything I love about life and family takes place during this time of year. While I am thankful for all of the seasons, none of them touch me the way fall does.

I could actually do a gratitude list just with everything I love about fall.

First day of school,

Fresh empty notebooks

Sharpened pencils

football games,

apples, apples, apples,

homemade soups and stews,

sweaters and sweatshirts

warm socks

afghans on the sofa

hot tea, hot chocolate, hot apple cider

colored leaves

acorns on the ground

frosty mornings

pumpkin flavored everything

the smell of a fireplace

a harvest moon

autumn spices

trick or treating

the thanksgiving table

counting the days till Christmas



Wow, I guess I’m getting the hang of this gratitude list thing after all.

1Thessalonians 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.


Josey


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on being thankful for "all things fall" especially in our part of the country!

    ReplyDelete