Friday, October 7, 2011



Change is difficult.

I’m sure we can all agree on that. But should it be difficult if it is for the better?

You would think that when we know something will benefit us, then it should be easy to do. Somehow, though it is more difficult.

F or me it is anyway.
How bout you?

If someone told you that something that you could easily do would solve a big problem in your life, wouldn’t you want to do it?

My heart screams yes. But the rest of me is weak.

Every day for almost a year now I have found the theme of thankfulness staring me in the face and I have basically ignored it. Even though I know that it can change my life.
It's the same thing with eating healthy. I've struggled with this issue for a long time. I know what I should do. I know what is the right thing to do. I know I would be healthier, have more energy and live longer.
But, I still eat the ice cream.

At least I know I have a problem. That’s the first step isn’t it?

And it’s not that I’m not thankful. I just have a problem putting it down on paper. I keep it all in my head. I keep it all to myself. I’ve always kept things to myself.

Funny, I have no problem sharing myself with the cyber world, but the thought of making a written list of things I’m thankful for, the putting of those items down on paper where someone might see, well, that is just frightening.

 From my journal:
January 28th—The fact that I am with you makes every moment of your life meaningful

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment