Tuesday, October 4, 2011

31 Days to a Thankful Heart Day 4


I think this should be easy.
I agree completely with the concept of thankfulness.  Let’s just get that out of the way right now. I believe in being thankful. And as I finished Ann’s book I thought I would start my own list of thankfulness.

But I didn’t.
I even bought a cute little Target notebook specifically to be my gratitude journal.

It is still empty.
For some reason I don't find it easy to write things down that I am thankful for. Really it should be easy. I’ve seen Ann’s list. It’s filled with everyday things. Little things she has observed throughout the day.

I’ve got plenty to write down.
And still I don’t.

I think of things all day, but I keep them locked in my mind as I do everything else.

I’m left wondering again. What is keeping me from writing these things down? Why is it so hard to put pencil to paper and make real what I’m feeling, thinking?

Every day I see that little book sitting on the dry sink by the door and I want to pick it up and start writing.  I want to see the list come to life. I want to see the joys of my life there on the page in the gray lines of pencil.
And yet it sits empty.

There is something holding me back. I can’t quite put my finger on it. I think I know, but I don’t want to admit what it is. I don’t want to think about the reasons for my holding back.

Because there is a connection between being able to list what you are thankful for and really being thankful for them.
I believe that there is a link that holds the two together.

Do you?


Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment