Monday, October 3, 2011

31 Days to a Thankful Heart Day 3


The Questions

As I was doing my daily devotions and reading through “1,000 Gifts” and seeing this theme of thankfulness, I begin wondering.

Is it true?

Is thankfulness the key?

It worked for AnnShe took time to write down things that she was thankful for. She made a list of “gifts” she saw throughout her day.  It helped her.  It changed her perspective about her life. It helped her to see God all around her, every day, all day, even in the ordinary things like soap bubbles and dirty floors.

Isn’t that what my goal has always been with this blog?  To see the amazing God in the ordinary things of life? Isn’t that what I always thought my life was about? A series of ordinary events turned extraordinary because of the hand of God?

It has taken me almost 4 years to figure out what that title truly meant.

And now I’m wondering if it has been there all along staring me in the face.

To be awed by God every day in the ordinary is the key to living fully, abundantly, according to His Word.

If I want to live joyfully as I long to, I need to be joyful about living.

Is that what other people do?  Is that what they have that I don’t have? Is that why some people are happier than others?

I’ve been thankful for big things, no doubt about that.  It’s easy to say “thank you God”, when he solves a problem in my life, or provides in a miraculous way. But to say “thank you God” when the laundry is piling up, or something gets broken, or there’s dog hair on the couch again…..

Isn’t that more difficult?

And yet, I see the proof as I read and I yearn for it.

From my journal.
January 17, 2011
Jesus Calling
--I can weave miracles into the most mundane day if you keep your focus on Me

What about you? Do you think it is possible to become more joyful just by being thankful every day?


Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment