Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days to a Thankful Heart Day 1


Welcome. I’m so glad you’ve decided to join me here for the next 31 days as I explore this topic of thankfulness.

My desire is that it will mean as much to you as I hope it will for me.

So why thankfulness?

Well it all started at the beginning of this year, with a gift that I was thankful to have been given. I had heard about this devotional called “Jesus Calling”. You know, blurbs here and there on the internet, and other blogs. And low and behold a wonderful new friend gave it to me as a Christmas gift.

As I thanked her for the gift, I knew. 

I knew that it was going to be life changing.  Isn’t that always the way when you move in close to God?

Diligently, I started on January 1st. Every day, I wrote out the scriptures and a sentence or two with the overall subject for the day.

It only took a week.

January 7, 2011-“It is impossible to praise and thank me too much” was the first line of that days devotion. In my journal I wrote this last line “Fill up the spare moments of your life with praise and thanksgiving.” Along with this verse 1 Thessalonians 5:18 “In everything give thanks, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

It wasn’t until months later that I noticed the pattern of thankfulness. But that day was the beginning.

Now this is a beginning to.

The beginning of this quest, journey, path, whatever you want to call it that I am on now.

To find my thankfulness.

To find out if thanking……is the key…….to fullness.


Josey


No comments:

Post a Comment