Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday Tune

Today's Tuesday Tune is "I Love You This Big" by Scotti McCreery, American Idol winner 2011. Even though this is a love song from a young boy to his sweetheart, I can't help but think about Jesus when I hear it.
Let's take a took shall we? Here are the lyrics. If you would like to listen to the song click here

I know I'm still young
But, I know how I feel
Luke 2:16 (ESV)And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger.
Luke 2:43 (ESV) And when the feast was ended, as they were returning, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. His parents did not know it
Luke 2:46 (ESV)After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.
Jesus came to this earth as a human, born as a child. God could have easily sent him here as a heavenly being, but he chose to send him as a human being, which meant living a growing from a baby to an adult. He also was only roughly 30 years old when he began his ministry. Three years later he gave his life for us.
33 years old.
That may have been considered old for biblical times, but now a days, 30 is the new 40 right? Or is it 30 is the new 20? Well whatever the saying is, 30 is not old. Many people are just getting their lives on the right track around 30.
I might not have too much experience
But, I know when love is real.
Jesus was NOT married, nor did he have any romantic relationships regardless of what the modern world would like you to believe. 
But he loved, and loved well while on this earth.

By the way, my heart starts pounding
When I look into your eyes
.
Jeremiah 31:3(ESV)the LORD appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.
Isaiah 42:1“Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold; My chosen one in whom My soul delights.
Micah 7:18 (NASB) Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity And passes over the rebellious act of the remnant of His possession? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in unchanging love.
Zephaniah 3:17 (NASB)“The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.

God loves us. When he looks at us he doesn't see what we see. What we see makes us sad sometimes, what He sees makes Him joyful.

I might look a little silly,
Standing with my arms stretched open wide.
 Romans 4:25 (NASB) He who was delivered over because of our transgressions, and was raised because of our justification.
Romans 5:8 (NASB) But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us
John 19:10 (NASB) So Pilate *said to Him, “You do not speak to me? Do You not know that I have authority to release You, and I have authority to crucify You?”
Psalm 136:12 (NASB) With a strong hand and an outstretched arm,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.

Matthew 27:40 (NASB) and saying, “You who are going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross.”

People thought Jesus a fool, for what he was doing. They didn't believe in who He was or His power. And in today's society if someone said they were going to take your punishment for you, you would think they were crazy, right?

I love you this big
Eyes have never seen, this big
No-one's ever dreamed, this big
And I'll spend the rest of my life
Explaining what words cannot describe but, I'll try
I love you this big!

I'll love you to the moon and back
I'll love you all the time
Deeper than the ocean
And higher than the pines.

Ephesians 3:17-19(NASB) so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,  may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 2:4 (NASB) But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
Romans 8:39 (NASB) nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God loves us. More than we can know or ever imagine. And it doesn't go away, or end no matter what mistakes we make, or how often we mess up. He did an incredible thing for us in the sacrificing of his son for our benefit.
I can't even find the words to describe how much God loves us. I wish I could find more scriptures. I know they are there, but my searching skills today are a bit lacking.

Just listen and enjoy being in God's love today!


Josey



No comments:

Post a Comment