Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday Tune-I Run to You

Today's song is "I Run to You" by county group Lady Antebellum. If you want to listen to the song you can click here.
This is a song about running to someone you love in times of trouble. It's about finding your comfort and refuge from all of the troubles of the day in someone who loves you.
And they say you can't find God in secular music?
Who is the one person we can run to in times of trouble?
Who is the one person you can make things right when everything is going wrong?
Who is the one person who will always be there for us whenever we need Him?

Here are the lyrics:

I run from hate
I run from prejudice
I run from pessimists
But I run too late
I run my life
Or is it running me
Run from my past
I run too fast
Or too slow it seems
When lies become the truth
That's when I run to you

[Chorus]
This world keeps spinning faster
Into a new disaster so I run to you
I run to you baby
And when it all starts coming undone
Baby you're the only one I run to
I run to you

We run on fumes
Your life and mine
Like the sands of time
Slippin' right on through
And our love's the only truth
That's why I run to you

Here are a few scriptures to go along with this theme:

Psalm 91:2 This I delcare of the Lord; He alone is my refuge, my place of safety, he is my God, and I am trusting him.

John 14:6 Jesus answered him, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one goes to the Father except through me"

Psalm 16:1 Preserve me O God, for I take refuge in you.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold



Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment