Thursday, May 12, 2011

Simple Woman Wednesday on Thursday

Sorry, this post did not get up last night as I would have hoped.  Life just got away from me this week and then a last minute search for an ipod capped it off.
But here goes yesterday's post anyway.

Outside my window.......gray skies, this seems to be a pattern lately
I am wearing.....jeans, black tshirt, old ratty ocean city sweatshirt
I am hearing.....the washing machine running as it is clearning my son's baseball pants for a game tonight, although it may get rained out.
I am going.....grocery shopping this morning after I drop the kids at school.
I am hoping......I can maybe start packing this weekend, and the phone doesn't ring this morning asking if I can substitute.
I am thinking.......about how busy I seem to be lately
I am thankful for......opportunities to make money substituting recently, although it has made life crazy around here.
I am creating......a grocery list, but it's not going well, also a list of books I'd like to read sometime soon
I am reading....."1,000 Gifts" by Ann Voscamp
From the kitchen......since there is a game tonight, it's sandwhiches or left overs
From the learning rooms.....bug project due monday, final exams coming up, end of school June 3rd
Around the house.......amazingly the house isn't in bad shape considering I haven't been home all week, although theres probably a ring in the toilet
Plans for the rest of the week......baseball tonight, half day of school tomorrow and I'll be subbing, Saturday we have round two of the Pitch, Hit and Run Challenge competition.  My son has won the local level pitching section and will be competing in this next level.  Sunday, hopefully nothing,  Monday I celebrate the big 4-0 and we are supposed to start moving and I haven't packed one thing yet.

On my mind.......refer to above.

Pondering these words......."Thank Me for your problems.  As soon as your mind gets snagged on a difficulty, bring it to Me with thanksgiving.  Then ask Me to show you My way to handle the situation.  The very act of thanking Me releases your mind from its negative focus." from the devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, May 11th.

Well, I'm off!
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment