Monday, May 16, 2011

Movie Quote Monday

Before I get to my post.  I have to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has wished me a happy birthday today.  Yes, today is my birthday.  And yes, it is a BIG ONE.

So because it is my birthday I am posting a movie quote devotion that is from my all time favorite movie and book.  I have actually posted this one before, but I have edited it and reworked it into the format that I will be using in my book.  I would like to include this particular devotion int he book in the proposal as a sample, as well as in the actual book.

Ok here goes:

Today’s Feature: Gone With The Wind

“After all, tomorrow is another day”….Scarlet O’Hara


“For His anger is but for a moment, and His favor for a life time. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes in the morning “ Psalm 30:5

Scarlet O’Hara is one of the most well-known movie characters of all time. She’s beautiful, feisty, and very self-confident. Most people either love her or hate her. At the point in the movie when she speaks the above quote, the man she has finally realized she loves has just walked out on her. Not only does he walk out, but he tells her off! He doesn’t listen to her excuses or explanations. Just says he’s done, and that’s it. And what does she say? Tomorrow is another day.

How many times have you gotten to the end of your day and thought, “What a disaster! What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I get this right?” Usually by the next morning the guilt of the previous days failures are still eating away at you. Then you spend the day trying to make up for it, all the while desperately trying not to repeat the same mistakes. Only to flop into the bed at the end of the day still feeling like a failure. What’s wrong you wonder? We’re sinners that’s what’s wrong. And this side of heaven we will always be sinners making it impossible for us to ever get it completely right. Thankfully, every day is a new opportunity. A clean slate. Because of the sacrifice of Jesus we can come to God every morning and start fresh. Each day we can experience the blessing of forgiveness as if it were the first time. No matter how much we mess up, and oh, how we do mess up. God will forgive. Again and again if necessary.

Scarlet O’Hara didn’t know Jesus, or the joy of salvation, but she did know something that is important.

Tomorrow is another day.

Application Steps:

Do you hold onto feelings of guilt over past mistakes?

Look up verses on forgiveness in the Bible and write them on index cards or in a journal. When you find yourself dwelling on past mistakes, refer to those verses.

For Further Reading: Hebrews 8:12

 
 
Josey

1 comment: