Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday ScripTune

Today's song is one that is new for me. 
Over the weekend at the Greentree Women's retreat we sang this song. And as I stood in that room surrounded by all of those women, I felt God like never before.  I haven't attended Greentree Chruch in almost a year, but it was like I never left.  I am so greatful to these Godly women who didn't let time or distance change things between us.  I am thankful for the opportunity to entertain them with a skit I was asked to write.  All of the worrying the other day was because in my heart I wanted to honor God with what I had written.  I desparately want to do the work He has given me to do, well. And watching the skit unfold I praised God for giving me the words.  I praised God that He had assembled a group of women who were willing to put themselves out there for His cause. I was filled with gratitude that the message that He laid on my heart was able to be played out in a way that brought glory to Him and entertainment to the women.
So I thought I would revisit this song today as a reminder of the weekend.  It has been rolling around in my mind ever since.  It reminds me of the weekend.  It reminds of my friends.  I reminds me of where my strength and ability come from.  Most of all, it reminds me of my purpose.
I've also added a few scriptures that continue the theme.
Just click on the arrow to start the song. 

Deuteronomy 7:21 You shall not dread them, for the LORD your God is in your midst, a great and awesome God.

1 Chronicles 16:25 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; He also is to be feared above all gods.

Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

Enjoy!

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment