Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday ScripTune


Ok, last week I did something a little different with the Tuesday ScripTune. I told you the story of how I heard this country song once and it made me think of Jesus. Well, I've found the song. It's called "Fall Into Me" and it is by a group called Emerson Drive. Now again, this song is meant as a love song, however I want you to play close attention to the chorus of this song. Here are the lyrics to the chorus:
And I need you to know you can fall into me
That my arms are wide open, will always be
Right here waiting, staying strong
Come and fall into me

Do you see it?
Can you see how if you listen with your heart tuned toward Jesus, instead of what the song is meant to be about, then it's like a message straight from Him.  And what a message it is.  It's confirmation that Jesus is there for us, always and we can feel free to let ourselves fall into His safe, loving and strong embrace.
When I heard this song, and felt myself letting the lyrics speak to me in this way, the song took on new meaning.  Now whenever I hear it, I am immediately reminded of how much Jesus loves me and wants me to know that He is there for me, always.

And here is what God's word says about it.:
Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is a dwelling place, And underneath are the everlasting arms; And He drove out the enemy from before you, And said, 'Destroy!' (NASB)


 Just click on the arrow in the middle of the video and it will start.  I particularly like this video because with the exception of the very end, it isn't necessarily about a romantic relationship.  It is actually showing someone who is reluctant to "let go".  In the end she does, and she jumps off the diving board into the water.  Isn't that how we sometimes handle our relationship with Jesus?  We hold back, untrusting.  But in that moment when we finally "jump". 
It is pure joy.
I hope you enjoy this song today. Even though it isn't a tradition worship song.  Let it be a reminder that God is everywhere, in everything and He speaks to us in ways we can understand.

 
Josey
 
P.S. Please, Please, Please vote on the titles at the top of the blog.  I value your opinion greatly.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment