Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Simple Woman Wednesday

Outside my window.....dark, it's late
I am wearing......black capri pants, white tshirt, bare feet
I am hearing......nothing, the house is quiet, even my husband has settled in for the night
I am hoping......to one day get my act together with this blogging thing so I am not posting so late at night
I am reading.....Ann Voskamp's "1,000 Gifts" very slowly, and "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst also very slowly...I need to absorb both of these fully
I am thankful for......my husband's understanding and good planning when I make an unplanned purchase even if it does make me look pretty
I am thinking......about the Easter holiday and how it has crept up on me this year, leaving me almost unprepared
I am going.....to get this book proposal done, even if it is the hardest thing I've ever done
Around the house.....weekend visitors for Easter, so I'll be doing some cleaning, although with or without visitors it needs to be done
From the kitchen.....made soup and salad tonight for our guests from New Jersey, meatballs tomorrow night, Friday we have a baseball game so it will be sandwiches, Saturday is a pasta night since my in laws will be here, Sunday is the big holiday dinner:  Ham, mac-n-cheese, tomato mozzarella salad, glazed carrots, zucchni, sweet potato casserole, pinneapple stuffing, and birthday cake for my son as dessert.
From the learning rooms.....standardized testing this week, and the on going bug project (yuck!)
Plans for the rest of the week.......baseball games, Easter, my son's birthday, more baseball games, maybe more substituting
On my mind......what to get my 10 year old for his birthday, what to put in my 10 year old and 14 year old's Easter baskets, and I need to get some boxes and start packing since we will be moving in a month

Pondering these words......"One wise choice can lead to two, can lead to three, can lead to a thousand, can lead to the sweet place of utter dependence on God and lasting discipline" from the book Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst



Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment