Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thinking on Thursday

I have a headache tonight.
No really I do.
I've had a headache for most of the afternoon and early evening.  I finally broke down and took some Motrin.  I say finally because I don't usually run to the medicine cabinet as soon as I feel uncomfortable, whether it's a headache or a cold.  I don't like to take medicine.  I try as much as possible to resolve health issues without medication if I can.
I'm not normally a headache kind of person.  By that I mean I don't seem to get them often.  I know some people suffer with headaches chronically.  I never did.  However when I do get one, it's bad.  Sometimes it makes me weak, nauseous or even cross eyed.  Which I guess means it effects my vision.

This headache isn't going away and I couldn't stand it any more so I took something.
I really did try everything I could think of to get rid of it. I made sure I ate, I had a little cafeine, I've been keeping up with fluids all day. I'm even sitting here as I type this with an ice pack on the back of my head.
Don't laugh.  Ice packs work.  I know, I've done it before. Although I took Motrin so I really won't be able to tell whether the ice pack is working, but it feels good on the pain so I'll keep it there.

So I'm thinking today. 
What do you do for a headache? 
Do you tough it out and just hope it goes away? 
Do you have a home remedy that works? 
Or do you go right for the pain relievers?

Ok, the words are blurring so I'm gonna go now.
Thanks for stopping by.

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment