Monday, March 7, 2011

Movie Quote Monday

Class 5506, will you come find me if I am lost?



Yes, Senior Chief!


Will you come save me if I am drowning?


Yes, Senior Chief!


I believe you would

Kevin Costner-from the movie The Guardian



The movie The Guardian is about an elite division of the Coast Guard known as rescue swimmers. These are the people who go into the water when everyone else is trying to get out. They go looking for people who are missing at sea. They swim in conditions that most people wouldn’t even consider being outdoors in, let alone in the ocean swimming. Their training is grueling; the instructors tough.

But at the end of their training, when the Senior Chief asks the questions in the above quote, they are confident of their abilities, and so is their chief.

Jesus said in Luke 19:10 (NASB)” For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."

No matter what our situation, Jesus can rescue us. It is why He came to this earth. There is no danger too big or to hazardous for Him. He has already been through it all. He suffered and died so we wouldn’t have to.

I have felt his hands lift me out of the pit far too many times than I care to admit. I believe that He will do it again if He must. His goal is to save all that ask to be saved.

Jesus will rescue you in times of trouble. He can save you from the things in your life that drag you under. Even the worst of the worst isn’t too much for him.

When we call out to Jesus, He will be there.

When we accept His peace and allow it to surround us, it will calm us in the midst of all the turmoil.

When we remember that we are not alone, we are strengthened and can go forward.



He will find you wherever we are.

He will pull you out of the stormy waves when you are going under.

Yes, I believe He will.

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment