Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday ScripTune

A Day for Scripture and Song.


I can so relate to this song.
Whenever I attempt to step out and do things I often hear that little voice in my head say "why would you attempt that?", or "what makes you think you can do that", or "you'll never succeed at that"....
Especially if I seem to be doing something that makes me feel confident or happy.

I need to be reminded that the voice saying those things isn't God.  He wouldn't make me feel like that.  He wouldn't say things to hurt me.  And as long as I listen to God's voice, the voice of truth,  I can do anything I set out to do. (within reason of course, I wouldn't get  God's blessing if I set out to be a crack dealer)

here's what the Bible says about truth:

 2 Samuel 7:28 (NASB) ow, O Lord GOD, You are God, and Your words are truth, and You have promised this good thing to Your servant


Psalm 25:10 (NASB) All the paths of the LORD are lovingkindness and truth To those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.

Psalm 40:11 (NAS) You,O LORD, will not withhold Your compassion from me;Your lovingkindness and Your truth will continually preserve me


John 8:32 (NASB) and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

Ephesians 4:24 (NASB)  and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.
 
So I need to hear this song today, and I need to read these scriptures.  Maybe someone else out there does to.

No comments:

Post a Comment