Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thinking on Thursday

Is it feed a fever, starve a cold? or
Starve a fever, feed a cold?

I really don't know.
Quite frankly, I don't care right now.
I feel awful and it wouldn't matter if I starved myself or feed myself, I would still feel awful.
Last night when I went to bed, I felt this tiny little tickle at the back of my throat.
I woke at 5 am feeling stuffy and the tickle became a soreness.
By the time I got moving, the stuffy became runny and the soreness added scratchy to it.

Food or no food really makes no difference right now. 
My eyes are watery so I wouldn't be able to see the food.
My throat hurts so I wouldn't be able to swallow the food.
My nose is stuffy so I would probably suffocate trying to eat because I have to breath through my mouth.

Does God really give paybacks?  Cause I think that is what I'm getting.  At least that is what my daughter thinks.  The other day she had this whatever it is and I told her it wasn't that bad and made her go to school at least half the day.  The next day she said it was a little better so I shipped her off to school.
Today when I told her how I was feeling,
she laughed.

Then when my husband came home from work, she couldn't wait to tell him.
Then she laughed again.

I'm just hanging my head in shame. 
Not only do I get the bad mom award for making her go to school and telling her it wasn't that bad, but now I'm sick to.

Is that what they mean by eating "crow".

Wait, I'm not supposed to eat with a cold right?

Or was that the fever?

Oh well, either way, I'm not eating it.
I'm too sick.


Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment