Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up with the Bozzos?

Well, it's cold here.  We haven't gotten as much snow as everyone else.  The best snow so far was a week before Christmas.  We have settled in here pretty well.  I don't get lost anymore when I go somewhere and I actually recognize some faces when I'm at school or church.
My husband got a promotion.  It comes with all kinds of benefits that are going to really help us financially.  He will not longer have flexible hours, which will be difficult to get used to.  At least now I know why I haven't gotten called for any jobs I've applied for.  With my husband's hours not being flexible it would be next to impossible for me to work and still be available to drive the kids back and forth to school.
I've started a new bible reading plan and devotional this year.  I will be filling you in more about the devotional on this week's Friday Find.  I'm doing my bible reading and devotions at night now.  It seems to be a nice time for me to settle down and really concentrate.  It's working well so far.
I'm considering writing a book proposal this year.  A book proposal isn't an actual book, it's more like a book report.  It is a package that goes into detail about the book and how and why it could be marketed and sold.  This package would be what I would take to a publishing house or a publisher's meeting to "pitch" my book to them in the hopes that they will publish it.  I'm still not entirely sure I should and I'm still praying about it. I'm really trying to commit this writing thing to God and let Him guide me in the direction He wants me to go with it.  I could use your help as well.  Please pray for clear direction for me with this.
Healthwise, I seem to be still going through some kind of weird change up.  My doctor isn't overly concerned and I will see her again in two months.
The kids are doing well.  We had a little incident with my son last week.  He started having stomach pain again when it was time to go to school.  He missed three days of school before Christmas break due to stomach pain.  When it was time to go back he missed another day.  I took him to the doctor and he was diagnoses with reflux.  The doctor also said he was having some anxiety along with it.  Long story short we spent the better part of a week talking him trying to find out what was going on with him and school.  Turns out he didn't want to return to school.  He wanted to stay home and go back to homeschooling. That and a complete fear of returning to school after such a long break and not knowing what to expect when he got there.  Needless to say, I was a little upset.  The night he told us, he was hysterical crying. 
After alot of tears, prayer and feeling like I'm the worst mom in the world, we managed to convince him to stay in school.  We were just not ready to pull him from school so quickly. We talked it over with him and he agreed it would be difficult to stop going to school in the middle of a school year.  And also, he actually does like most stuff about school. The doctor put him on medicine for the reflux temporarily so that took care of the stomach pain.  After a few days his anxiety seem to subside and he is doing ok now.
It was a pretty rough week.  I've never felt like such a failure as a mom as right in that moment when my son was crying, doubled over with stomach pain and saying he just couldn't go to school.  I think I cried as much as he did for those few days.

Other than that, it's pretty normal around here. Thanks for stopping by today!

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment