Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thinking Thursday

I'm thinking of a word......

Ok so here's what happened in the last week or so.
On Monday of this week I tuned in to Lysa TerKeurst's new website Made to Crave and watched the first of six live webcasts about her new book of the same name.  The webcast was fabulous and if you haven't tuned in yet, you should plan to next Monday, 8:00 pm at http://www.madetocrave.org/   During the webcast, Lysa gave us a word.  The word was supposed to help motivate us in our journey of maintaining a healthy weight and eating habits. 
The word was empowered. Here is how she used it.  Instead of feeling deprived when I am unable to eat certain foods that taste good but are unhealthy for me, I should feel empowered that I can make the choice to not eat the tasty but unhealthy foods.
Sounds good right?  Yeah, I have to admit it really sounds good.  That is definately a slogan I can get behind.  I don't know about you, but things like this will sometimes stand out and stick with me.  And this definately does.
After the webcast I went up to settle down for bed.  I was reading my new devotional and this is part of what it said for Monday January 10th:
  Every time you affirm your trust in me, you put a coin into My treasury.  Thus you build up equity in preparation for days of trouble.  I keep safely in My heart all trus invested in Me, with interest compounded continuously.  The more you trust Me, the more I EMPOWER you to do so.-from the devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.

Can you believe that?  Less than an hour after I heard that word from Lysa, I read it in my devotional.
So now I'm thinking and wondering.
Was this word sent to me twice by God in one night?  If so what I am I supposed to do with it?  Should it be a word for this year?  Some people choose words of the year to help them with different things they might face in the coming year.  I've never done this, but I'm considering it now.  
But, if I choose it as my word of the year, then I have to live up to it.  That might be easier said then done.  Will I be dissappointed this time next year if I haven't done anything that shows empowerment?  Will I feel obligated to take on every challenge that comes my way just so I say I living my word of the year?
Hmmmm or
Will it motiviate me to make the right food choices each day because it's my word of the year?
Will if give me the courage to think about writing more and actually write more this year?
Will I accomplish goals within my family relationships this year because of that word?
Hmmmm definately something to think about.
I don't know if I'm ready to claim it as my "word of the year".  But I'm going to keep it at the forefront of my mind so I know I can if I want to.

What about you out there?  Do you ever choose a "word of the year"?  If you have, have you lived up to it?  How do you choose your word?

Here's a post about choosing a word of the year at MaryBeth Whalen's blog:  http://marybethwhalen.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-tuesday-words-for-year.html
Just in case you're interested.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment