Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Simple Woman Wednesday

I am wearing......same old black track pants, black long sleeve shirt, blue fuzzy socks, and my kitchen apron because I just finished making dinner and remembered I hadn't posted yet.
From the kitchen.......(seemed like a natural next one) enchiladas tonight, special dinner out tomorrow, Friday:ham and mac and cheese, Saturday: crispy chicken and mashed potatoes, Sunday: chicken parm and pasta.
I am hearing.....the local news
Outside my window.......gray skies, heavy, wet, slushy snow  Did I mention I love winter?
I am thinking.....that this snow "storm" was a big fat disappointment, only about an inch on the ground and mostly slush
I am thankful for.......my husband returning safely from Roanke driving on the slushy roads.
I am creating......baby booties, baby hat and baby blanket, NO not for me it's our next project with Hands Stitching 4 Jesus, they will be donated to the local pregnancy center.
From the learning rooms.......new marking period, same homework for Michael,  Morgan is preparing for the science fair (yuck! I do not like science projects)
I am reading......How to Write a Book Proposal and Bird by Bird, both writing books
I am hoping......that I am really capable of writing a book.
Around the house......cleaning as usual, but I mopped the floor and then it snowed so I'll just have to do it again tomorrow.
Plans for the rest of the week.......my anniversary tomorrow, Morgan's birthday tomorrow (we have a special surprise coming, I'll fill u in after), basketball on Saturday, not much else we have a boring life
On my mind........trying to come up with something for a family vacation this summer, we want to do something we've never done before.

Pondering these words.......Jeremiah 29:ll  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and  not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (ESV)


Josey

2 comments:

  1. I have Bird by Bird on my wishlist. Is it worth reading? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was recommended by Emily from the "Chatting at the Sky" blog that I follow. She lead a session last year at She Speaks on blogging, writing and getting published. I'm about half way through. It is not your typical writing book. I don't think the author Anne Lamont is a believer. This comes from the type of language she uses in the book. It's hard for me to say if it is worth reading. I think for me, yes it was worth reading. I totally get what she says. However, for someone else it may not be their thing. I've also read Stephen King's book on writing and Bird by Bird is similiar. In fact it reminds me quite a bit of King's book. Very up front, straight forward, no nonsense tips for writing. Both are from the point of view of writing fiction.
    Hope this helps.
    Josey

    ReplyDelete