Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Find

Ok, I'm on bright and early, well after taking the kids to school, to tell you about this weeks Friday Find.  Partly because I feel guilty I missed two posts this week and party because I'm so excited about what I have to share with you today.  I missed two posts due to transitioning to our new computer and some family stuff thta I had to take care of this week.  Family always comes first right? 
Anyway,  this weeks Friday Find is something that I think is going to be BIG.  Or I guess you could say small, at least in terms of what it will do for you.  Here it is.  I want to tell you about Lysa TerKeurst's new book Made to Crave.  It's not just a book.  She has a dvd bible study that goes along with it and an entire website devoted to the message of Made to Crave.  Here is the link to the website: http://www.madetocrave.org/




Made to Crave isn't a diet book.   Here's what it says at the Made to Crave website:

Has food become more about frustration than fulfillment? Made to Crave is the missing link between a woman’s desire to be healthy and the spiritual empowerment necessary to make that happen. Author Lysa TerKeurst personally understands the battle that women face. In Made to Crave, she will help you:



Break the cycle of “I’ll start again on Monday,” and feel good about yourself today.
Stop agonizing over numbers on the scale and make peace with your body.
Replace rationalization that leads to diet failure with wisdom that leads to victory.
Reach your healthy goals and grow closer to God through the process.


This book is not a how-to manual or the latest, greatest dieting plan. Made to Crave is a helpful companion to use alongside whatever healthy eating approach you choose — a book and Bible study to help you find the “want to” in how to make healthy lifestyle changes.
 
How does that sound?  I don't know about you but it sounds like just what I need.  It's almost as if she's talking about me.
I have followed Lysa's blog for a long time and I have read her posts regarding her struggle with maintaining a healthy weight.  I am convinced that she knows what she's talking about with this message.  I must admit that I have not actually read the book, yet.  But it is definately at the top of my list for this year.  However the second part of my Friday Find for today has to do with someting Lysa is doing that I think is just wonderful.
 
 
Beginning Monday, January 10th Lysa will be doing a FREE, that's right FREE, live webcast at the Made to Crave website.   The webcasts will run from 8:00 to 8:45 every Monday from January 10th till February 14th.  All you have to do is go to the website at the set time and you can see and hear Lysa talk about Made to Crave.  She is also planning on having interviews with nutrition experts and people who have used Made to Crave and had success.  You can go here for more information about the webcast: http://madetocrave.org/webcast/

While you are at the Made to Crave site you should take a look around.  There are testimonies from people who have read her book, videos of Lysa talking about different aspects of the book, and a little spot for "freebies"  Oh I love getting something for free don't you?  You can also purchase the book and the dvd bible study.  The price is so reasonable, I can't even stand it. 

Note:  You don't need to have bought anything to participate in the live webcasts beginning Monday.
Here are the links to the resources and freebies at Made to Crave:

Well, I told you it was something worth stopping by for.  Can you tell I'm excited about it?  I hope you can just feel the excitement in my words.  Hehehe.

Seriously, though you won't be disappointed if you hop on over to the Made to Crave website and spend sometime looking around.  And really what have you got to lose by sitting in on a FREE live webcast for a few weeks?  Only those few extra pesky pounds that won't come off, that's what.

I'm sure most of us are on the computer during that time of night anyway, surfing the internet, facebooking or catching up on emails, so why not watch something that is going to really help you?  Instead of some facebook video of a baby doing something funny for the 1 millionth time?

See ya on Monday!

Josey




1 comment:

  1. Josey,

    Let me know when you do the book and I will do it with you! I was reading about this a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete