Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Midweek Update

Well, the countdown has begun!
Or should I say, the rush is on!
I'm really feeling the crunch this year.  I am in no way organized like I have been in the past. 
In fact, just decorating the house has been a chore. 
The last week or so, I have not felt well.  I can' t seem to get moving or motivated to move at all.
I've been weepy.  I cried listening to Christmas songs this week. 
I've been cranky.  I've been snapping at everyone. 
I'm not sleeping. 
I've still got my appetite.  Almost too much so.  Last night I ate an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's.  I haven't done that in a long time.
Not sure what is going on with me.  It's weird, and a little disheartening.
But I haven't lost hope completely.  I know God is with me, even in this.  And whatever this "funk" is that I'm in, I'm sure serves a purpose.   Today in the car on the way home from picking the kids up from school.  We had a laugh about something silly the kids did.  It felt good to laugh and it was a bright spot to the day.  Monday night we heard a funny Christmas song in the car and we all laughed.  Today I looked through old pictures.  And I did complete the decorating of the living room and kitchen.
Those little moments are what is keeping me going this week. 
That and looking forward to Christmas.
God is so good.  He is truly amazing.  In the midst of my "funk" he has given little ray so sunshine to brighten up the darkness.
I am thankful that.

Anyway, enough boo hooing. I've got plans to make for Christmas. 

Josey

1 comment:

  1. Josey,

    Whenever I feel like this, I like to read Psalm 42 especially verse 5. David was longing for home when he was fleeing from Absalom. He like you knew the answer was found in God. Praying for you and Mike this morning.

    ReplyDelete