Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hello All!
It's snowing here in Virginia.  A site I never thought I'd see once we moved south.  Forgive me all you out there who also like snow, but I think this is a direct gift from God straight to me.  I'm sitting here in my kitchen watching it snow in the parking lot (not so pretty as a yard, but whatever).  The kids are home from school with their first official snow day.  I don't think they will go tomorrow either.  It was only supposed to be a half day anyway.  It's their last day before Christmas. 
We are scheduled to leave for New Jersey early Saturday morning.  With my driving issues, I'm kind of glad it is snowing  because now we have to wait a little bit to leave.  My husband wanted to leave Friday at 12 right when the kids were done school.  Which would have put us in Washingtond, Baltimore and Deleware right around 3-4 pm on a Friday afternoon.  I have to say I was not looking forward to that.

Before I go any further.  Someone left a comment yesterday asking about the songs on my music list for this site.  Here is a list of what is there and who sings them:
Mary Did You Know-Clay Aiken
Glorious Impossible-Gaither Music
I heard the Bells on Christmas Day-Casting Crowns
O Come O Come Emmanuel-Selah
O Holy Night, Silent Night, Believe-Josh Groban
Hark the Hearld Angels Sing-Vincent Guararldi Trio (Charle Brown Christmas)
Carol of the Bells-Trans Siberian Orchestra

That's all of them for now.  I plan on loading it up with more Christmas music in the next few days so then I can open it up and just listen whenever I want to all my favorite songs.

So anyway.  What are we up to?  Well, are computer has been out of commission for the last week.  I came downstairs one morning and there was this weird error message on the screen.  I followed the steps it told me to to restart, but it just kept coming back to the error screen.  So we shut it down and sometime soon we are going to have to get someone out to look at it and try to fix it.  If they can't fix it, then they can at least retreive all of the stuff out of it.  We may have to wait till after Christmas to do that.  In the meantime I've been using my husband's work laptop, and my daughters laptop.  Both are not always available so that is why the posts have been sparadic lately.  It's interesting though, not having daily access to the computer.  You don't realize how many times you sit down in front of it during the day until you don't have it.  I definately was able to get alot more done around the house during the day.
Having the kids home today is going to make it tough to do some of the things I need to still do.  Looks like I'll be staying up late next week.  Most of the time I can disappear into my room for a little while and then don't notice, but right now it would be sooo obvious what I'm doing. My kids are older and there isn't as much need for secrecy at Christmas, but I still try to make it as mysterious as possible.  It's just so much fun.  I don't think I'll ever be one of those moms that lets their kids pick out their presents or even know what they are before Christmas.  I like the surpise.  They may roll their eyes at me over things like "Santa is watching", and not putting the presents out till Christmas Eve after they go to bed, but I think secretly they like it.

I think this will be my last post till after Christmas.  I may pop in and put up a scripture or two and next week for Christmas, but as far as my normal posting I'm going to be done with that till after Christmas.  I've got alot to do and then kids and my husband are off next week so I want to spend some time with them while I can.  You can always find me or my husband on facebook with updates of what our family is up to. 

For my New Jersey friends, we'll be in town from Saturday till Wednesday for a visit.

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!!

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment