Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday ScripTune

First, I am sorry this is being posted so late.  I really think I'm losing my mind.  I've gotten so forgetful lately it isn't even funny.  I'm starting to worry, a little.
Anyway, the Tuesday ScripTune for today is O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.
This is a perfect song to start the Christmas season.  Tomorrow is December 1.  We have a stocking countdown till Christmas in our house.  Each day the kids take down another stocking and inside is a little trinket gift.  I also have  a book "Looking forward to the Nativity".  It is a Christmas family devotional.  I plan to read the devotional to the kids before they take down their stocking.
All this to say, that we are eagerly awaiting Jesus' birth.

Here is just a few of the lyrics to today's song:

O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
And ransom captive Isael,
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel!

And here are scriptures that echo the same theme:

Isaiah 7:14 (NIV) Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
 Matthew 1:23 (NIV) The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel (which means “God with us”).

Enjoy the music today.  Maybe let it play all the way through.  I've put some of my favorite Christmas songs on the list.  Listen and get into the Christmas spirit today.

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment