Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday ScripTune

Today's Tuesday ScripTune is a Casting Crowns song.  It is called "Who am I".  I remember the first time I heard this song.  A very good friend had given me their cd as a gift right before I was due to have surgery.  I hadn't even heard of Casting Crowns before, let alone christian contempory music.  I though all christian music was like the traditional worship music we had heard in church.  This type of worship music was all new to me.  My friend specifically told me to listen to this song.  It has been a special song for me ever since.

Here are the lyrics:


Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth

Would care to know my name

Would care to feel my hurt?

Who am I, that the bright and morning star

Would choose to light the way

For my ever wondering heart?


Not because of who I am

But because of what You've done

Not because of what I've done

But because of who You are


I am a flower quickly fading

Here today and gone tomorrow

A wave tossed in the ocean

A vapor in the wind

Still You hear me when I'm calling

Lord You catch me when I'm falling

And You told me who I am

I am Yours, I am Yours


Who am I, that the eyes that see our sin

Would look on me with love

And watch me rise again?

Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea

Would call out through the rain

And calm the storm in me?


Not because of who I am

But because what of You've done

Not because of what I've done

But because of who You are


I am a flower quickly fading

Here today and gone tomorrow

A wave tossed in the ocean

A vapor in the wind

Still You hear me when I'm calling

Lord You catch me when I'm falling

And You told me who I am

I am Yours


Not because of who I am

But because of what You've done

Not because of what I've done

But because of who You are


I am a flower quickly fading

Here today and gone tomorrow

A wave tossed in the ocean

A vapor in the wind

Still You hear me when I'm calling

Lord You catch me when I'm falling

You told me who I am

I am Yours, I am Yours, I am Yours


Whom shall I fear?

Whom shall I fear?

'Cause I am Yours, I am Yours

Here are the few scriptures I found, that echos the theme of this song.  I don't think this is at all exhaustive of the subject, but it is what I could find right now.

Exodus 3:11 (NASB) But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?"

James 4:14 (NASB) Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

Deuteronomy 4:7 (NASB) For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as is the LORD our God whenever we call on Him?

Jeremiah 29:12 (NASB) Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

Isaiah 43:1 (NASB) But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!

Turn up the volume and remember who you belong to today!!!
 
 
 
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment