Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday Something to Think About

It rained again today.  I'm starting to think that it is normal weather here in Virginia.  People keep telling me no, that it is no more rain than anywhere else, but it seems like it rains alot.  I haven't seen this many rubber "wellies" since I was in London.
Anyway. Rain is one of those things that you either love or hate.I know some people dislike it because it makes them sad.  Other people like it because of the refreshing of it.
I have mixed feelings about the rain.  There are times when I just think "oh no, its raining".  Then there are other times when it's "ooooh it's raining".  You know what I mean?
I remember one time when my husband and I went on a trip just the two of us and one afternoon it rained.  It was an "oooh it's raining" time.  It was just the two of us in a cabin in the mountains watching the rain out the window as we snuggled under a quilt.
Then there was the time just a few weeks ago when it rained for four days straight.  That was more of a "oh no it's raining AGAIN" kind of thing.  Taking the kids to school everyday in the rain is not fun.  I usually park and walk them in.  And as someone who is short but but with a "fluffy middle, my larger size pants always drag on the ground, making walking around in the rain is just frustrating.  I dislike the bottoms of my pants being wet.  While we are at it, I dislike my feet being wet.

But alas, we need rain. 
It replenishes water supplies and feeds the ground.
It's good for farmers who grow the food we eat.
It also keeps the flowers healthy.

So how bout you?  What do you think of the rain?  Do you love it? or hate it? or are you somewhere in between like me?

Oh, and of course I did a little search at biblegateway.com and came up with the following scripture verses regarding rain.


Job 5:10 (NASB)He gives rain on the earth And sends water on the fields

Psalm 72:6 (NASB) May he come down like rain upon the mown grass,Like showers that water the earth.

Psalm 147:8 (NASB) Who covers the heavens with clouds,Who provides rain for the earth,Who makes grass to grow on the mountains.

Matthew 7:25 (NASB)And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.

Whether you love it or hate it, it is a gift from God.

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment