Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Midweek Update

Well, there isn't much happening here at the Bozzo household this week.  The kids are doing well in school.  They got their report cards last week and their grades are good.
Morgan is trying to decide between auditioning for the play or trying out for basketball. I think she's leaning towards the play. She's also taking guitar lessons.
Michael is taking drum lessons.  We've had a few issues in the classroom.  The teacher says he's been talking too much with his classmates.  This from the kid who didn't talk at all the first three weeks of school.
Last weekend we went to the Liberty football game.  I still can't get over how exciting college football games are. Oh, who am I kidding?  I just love football.  Every game I see in person is exciting.
Tonight I attended the After the Boxes Are Unpacked group at church.  Next week is our last week.  Then we will be "on our own".  I think it has been nice getting to know people. The book has been very helpful.
Morgan and I are traveling back to New Jersey this weekend.  We have a couple of events to attend.
I will probably be seeing some of you at the Greentree Women's Event on Friday night. There's going to be a very interesting person speaking so I'm looking forward to it alot.
It's only two weeks till Thanksgiving, which is my favorite holiday.  This year I won't be cooking.  We will be traveling to Tennessee to spend Thanksgiving with Mike's family. Of course I'll be making pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread.  It wouldn't be thanksgiving without them.  I don't know if I can get the kids to help me make the pies like last year, but I'm going to try.
Christmas will be here before we know it.  I have the urge to start planning, as I do every year at this time.  This year is going to take some creativity.  I usually do goodie baskets for our friends.  I would either have to have them ready early so I can give them out when we visit in December, or I would have to ship them.  Having them ready when we visit is the best option, but I would require me to start earlier than usual.  Although, I'm home every day, so there's no reason why I can't.
I'm not sure how long that will last.  I'm considering getting a part time job.  I don't really need to, but with Christmas coming it might be helpful.  Besides, I have hobbies and I gotta support them.  Crocheting, Reading and Scrapbooking don't fund themselves you know.  Well, I kind of got the book thing working between the library and signing up to review books for Tyndale, Bethany House and BookSneeze.  Have you heard of this?  If you sign up with them, they send you free books.  Then after you read them you agree to post a review on a blog, then at a few places like Amazon, Barnes N Noble, etc. So far I've only gotten two books, but I think it takes awhile to get going with it.  In fact, I'll be posting my first review this Friday right here.
Well, it's about 8:30 and my son is practicing his recorder for music class, which he hates.  The teacher is requiring 45 minutes of practice time per week.  That is such a hassle when he doesn't like it.  Then he has to do some reading to.  At least 10 minutes a day of reading on his own.  That part he likes.  But he is sooo like me.  Right now he has at least 4 books he is reading.  Each night he picks up a different book.  Next to his bed looks like my nightstand, with a stack of books on it.

Anyway, the weather here is still too warm for my taste.  But the views are spectacular.

Really, life is pretty ordinary here in Lynchburg.

See ya tomorrow.

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment