Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday Something to Think About

I won't be able to sleep tonight or the next four nights.
Don't worry it happens only once in a while.
You see, my husband won't be home until Monday afternoon.  He is working this weekend in Martinsville, which is a little over an hour from here.  They are having a Nascar race this weekend and Pepsi is a big sponsor so my husband is there representing them.  He will have to host customers all weekend in the track suite as well as a hospitality tent.  He may even have to facilitate a meet and greet with Dale Ernhardt Jr.
Sounds awful right?
For me it is.  As I said, I don't sleep when he isn't here.  He's been away before, several times since we've been married, for various reasons.  It's always the same.  I don't sleep.
I'm not sure why.  I'm not really afraid or anything.  There was a time, when we were first married that I slept with a golf club next to the bed when he wasn't home, but not anymore.
It's just weird I guess, him not being here and all.
I try not to let on to the kids that I'm uncomfortable without him here.  I make things as normal as possible.  I even go so far as to do some special things for them when he's not here.  Tonight we had pizza, tomorrow we will have tacos, they've picked the entire menu for the weekend.  We'll also rent a movie tomorrow night and maybe play some board games, or go to the YMCA to swim.  Maybe even some cookie dough.
Like a little weekend party.We've been planning since last weekend.



So my Thursday Something To Think About is....
How do you handle when your husband isn't home?
What kinds of things do you do with your kids for fun or special times when Daddy isn't home or just anytime you want to make things special for them?

I welcome your feedback and comments.

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment