Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Midweek Update

Hello All!
It's time to update everyone on what's going on in the Bozzo family.
Tonight we will go to church.  I'm still attending the "After the Boxes are Unpacked" group.  Last Friday night they had a girls night get together.  It was nice to get a little fixed up and go out for some girl talk.  I'm glad I went.  In a few weeks we will be having another social night.  I'm looking forward to it.  Each week we review a different chapter of the book "After the Boxes are Unpacked".  Then we jus talk a little about what each of us are going through.  It's been nice
My husband has been attending the Bod4God class.  It is a weight loss class that uses the book of the same name.  The book was written by a pastor from Washington DC who lost weight using some basic biblical principals.  I've been going through the book to at home. (yes, I've been doing a lot of reading).  I like it, so does my husband.  It seems to be a good program and plan for losing weight.
This past Tuesday I went to the women's bible study at the church we've been attending.  This week Priscilla Shriver did the teaching. (it's a dvd)  She was a good speaker and she has a wonderful message of God's abundance.
As far as church goes, we've been attending Thomas Road Baptist Church.  We've attended the membership class as well.  Although I'm not completely at home just yet, I know it is the right place for us.
My son went on his first class field trip last week.  He was extremely nervous about the bus ride, because he gets car sick.  I managed to find "sea sick bands" for him to wear on his wrists and it helped.  When we got to school he had a little break down and for a minute I didn't think he was going to be able to go through with it.  We prayed and I talked him through his anxiety and eventually he went into school, then got on the bus.  It was a fun field trip.  We went to a gem mine.  This kids got to dig in the dirt and then sift through it to find all kinds of gems and stones.
My daughter is getting along fine in school with the exception of some knee pain she's experiencing.  We now have an appointment with an orthopedic.  She's currently out of gym until we determine the issue.
This weekend our best friends from New Jersey are coming to visit.  It is homecoming weekend at Liberty University.  This will be their first time attending homecoming since graduating 16 years ago.  We will be attending the Liberty football game on Saturday afternoon and my husband was able to get us tickets to sit a the suite.  It should be fun. 
Well, that's all for now.  Tune in tomorrow for my weekly Thursday Something to Think About.

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment