Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday ScripTune

Today's song is by the group Third Day.  I have to admit I was having a hard time choosing a song today.  (hence the reason this post is so late getting up) Then I came across this song and as soon as I clicked play and listened, the reason I love this song so much came back to me.
At one time or another, we have all struggled with something in our lives that has been a wedge between us and God. This song is about coming back to God. He is the one place we need to turn to when we struggle. Some many times we shy away from God out of fear of His rejecting us. We don't have to be afraid that will happen.
He is there for us always.
We only have to turn toward Him.
The first time I heard this song was in the movie Facing the Giants.  It's been a favorite of mine ever since.  It's a little different than your average worship song.  Different is sometimes good, I always say.  You never know where inspriration is going to come from, so it's good to be open to different avenues.

Let these words from the song stay with you today:  "Never mind your worries, never mind your fears, they can only take you far from me.  When you feel there's no where left for you to turn, I've got all you want and everything you need.  Come on back to me."

I found a few verses that go along with the theme of this song.  Keep them with you if you need to for reminding. 
What ever your need is today, don't ever forget, God is there for you,  you only have to turn to Him.

Jeremiah 24:7 (NASB) I will give them a heart to know Me, for I am the LORD; and they will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with their whole heart.
Lamentations 3:40 (NASB) Let us examine and probe our ways, And let us return to the LORD
Acts 3:19 (NAmSB) Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment