Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday ScripTune

This song by Casting Crowns is a favorite.  It is a song I go back to over and over again when I'm feeling incapable and a little weak in my faith.  I think it describes perfectly what many of us deal with on a daily basis, listening to the one voice in our head that speaks the truth, not the many voices that speak lies. It also addresses the issue of fear.
Deep down it is our fears that keep us in the habit of listening to the lies.  And fear, keeps us from obedience.  And when we are not obeying God, the enemy is happy.
Listening to the lies, is like obeying the enemy.  He can't steal our salvation, or the truths of salvation, but he can makes us doubt it, and he can keep us from going forward. 

Here are some other verses I found regarding truth.

Psalm 31:5 (NASB) Into Your hand I commit my spirit;You have ransomed me, O LORD, God of truth.
Psalm 25:10 (NASB) All the paths of the LORD are lovingkindness and truth; To those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.
John 1:14 (NASB) And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth
John 8:32 (NASB) and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
1 John 2:21 (NASB) I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth.

Turn up the volume, not just on your computer, but in your heart.  Listen to the "Voice of Truth" today.   Be blessed and enjoy!

Josey

1 comment: