Thursday, September 9, 2010

Something to Think About

I'm reading a book.  Well actually, I'm finishing a book.  I started it sometime ago and then put it down in favor of other things.
The book is Relationships: A Mess Worth Making by Tim Lane and Paul Tripp.  Our pastor recommended it to the church.
The book deals with relationship conflicts in our lives, the reason and purpose of them, and how to resolve them biblically.
It's pretty heavy stuff.  Especially if you are like me and this is one particular area that just doesn't ever seem right. 
Here is something from the book I read a few days ago and has stayed with me, replaying in my mind over and over again:

Your everyday communication influences the sahpe, quality, and direction of your relationships.  Every day your words give your relationships their tone.  Every day you tell people what you think of them, what you want from them, and whatyou would like to enjoy with them.  But you don't do this in grand moments of oratory.  You do it in quick side comments in the bedroom as you get ready for work, or at the curb as you hop into your car, or in the kitchen asyou grab a sandwich, or over dessert at the local bistro, or in the family room during a commercial.

Whoa. It makes the phrase "watch your mouth" a whole lot more meaningful.


That really gives me something to think about today. 
How bout you?
 
Josey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment