Thursday, September 23, 2010

Something to Think About-Being Thankful

So today while I was out walking.  (I'm trying to be healthier you know; eat better, exercise, blah blah blah)  I was thinking about what to post today, since yesterday was a slight disaster.  In my defence I've been having a bad week.  There are just some physical symptoms that I can do nothing about and they sometimes just wipe me out.  I'm serious.  I'm completely useless when this happens.
ANY WHOO While I was walking I was thinking about what I wanted to tell you about today.  And in the midst of all my boohooing about how bad I feel, and how I didn't want to go for a walk all I wanted to do was sleep, I sent my husband a text letting him know I was going out for a walk (just in case, you never know what might happen), that's when it came to me.
Being Thankful.
Because in spite of how I have handled my little "physical symptoms I can do nothing about", my husband has handled things quite well.  I guess either he is just used to it, or maybe he really does care.  No matter what I have done or said, he's still here.  He doesn't hold any of it against me.  He just waits patiently for it to pass and then welcomes me back into his arms as if nothing happened.
Hmmmm, that sounds familiar.  Almost like the song playing as you are listening to this.
Interesting.

I read a blog post once that being thankful is the remedy to being angry with someone.  For example:  Let's say you are picking up your husband's socks from the floor again.  You've gently mentioned to him before about his socks on the floor.  Now you are frustrated. Maybe you even grumble and complain while you are picking them up. 
Instead of letting that frustration fester till he comes home and then spill out on him causing a very loud disagreement, maybe take a minute and be thankful that you have a husband who can leave socks on the floor. 
What if those socks weren't there because he was gone from your life?
Suddenly those socks on the floor aren't so important anymore are they?
So today I am thankful for my husband.

I am thankful for the forget to take the trash out, shoes in the living room, football watching, clothes hanging on the end of the bed,.......loving, forgiving, kind, patient, caring man that he is.


I am thankful that I have a husband who after 15 years puts up with my boohooing and still loves me.

What are you thankful for?

If you haven't already read it, I would encourage you to click on the link on the left side of my page for the Proverbs 31 Ministries daily devotion.  I read this devotion after I came back from my walk and it just confirmed what I should write here today.  You can also click here if you want.

Stay Thankful!~

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment