Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Find

Today I'm going to give a link to a another site I have been visiting recently.  It is called She Cooks and you can find it here http://www.shecooks.org/

LeAnn, the women who started this site, works for Proverbs 31 Ministries in their office.  She is the person responsible for organizing the She Speaks conference that I attended this year.  This is her blog about cooking.  I tried her recipe for Sloppy Joes and it was really good.  I had never tried making them from scratch before but I enjoyed reading about it so much on her site that I got brave and tried it.
Today she has a recipe for manicotti that is just fabulous.  If you've never made them before I would encourage you to try them. My family likes manicotti so I make them often.  However, I do not cook my noodles.  This is something I started doing a few years ago wtih lasagna to save time.  And you don't have to buy special noodles either, (that is such a scam) just buy whatever brand you usually buy.  What you have to remember though, is to use more sauce then you would normally use, and you have to bake them.  I usually cover them for the first 10 minutes, then bake another 10-20 without.  The extra sauce helps with cooking the noodles. If you cook the noodles first, you wouldn't have to bake them as long, so I guess it works out either way.
Her recipe is easy to follow and there is a feature to print it out if you want instead of copying it to another document or leaving your computer on your counter while you cook.  The recipe prints with the picture to.  I like pictures with cooking and recipes.  It gives me a better idea of what something is supposed to look like.

I love cooking and being in the kitchen.  I'm always looking for new recipes to keep things new with meals.  I like this site and plan to vist often.
I hope you like it to.

Enjoy!
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment