Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Find

Friday's posts will be a hodgepodge of sorts.  Today is called Friday Find because I have recently found a new blog that I visit and I want to share it with you.
Wendy Pope is a member of the Proverbs 31 team.  I purchased the cd of your session at the conference titled "Advanced Teaching by the Book".  It was a session on how to study the bible and present that information to people.  Basically how to do a bible study. 
Wendy was very information and well, just so nice to listen to.  She took us through breaking down a verse and where to go for information to understand what different words and references mean in scripture.
She tries to teach women that when it comes to the bible we need to "learn it, live it and love it".
I think that is a great way to put it.  And she is soo cute too!!

Wendy is currently reading through the bible in a year.  Everyday on her blog she has a video where she takes the day's passage and goes through it, highlighting things we should understand about it. It only takes 10 minutes of your time to sit and listen to her speak.  And it's a video so it's like she talking right to you.
She is using the Chronological Bible.  I don't know much about this translation but I've heard many people are trying it as a way to read through the bible in a year.
I don't visit her site everyday, I'm not on the same reading schedule as her, but when I do I find it is just what I need.  I am still on my own quest to read the bible, not completely through in a year, but at least everyday for a year. I'm considering joining her next year in reading through the entire bible in a year.
Here is a link to her blog http://wendypope.blogspot.com/ 
I would encourage you to stop by once in a while and hear her teach.

Have a nice weekend.  Be sure and stop back Monday for another movie quote devotion.

Josey

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture!

    Enjoyed, too, what makes it a win for you. For me, while the big things are great, it is the small things that make it a win for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make it to her session, but I bought the CD and am planning on listening today. The decision to get the CD was a last minute one when God laid on my heart that I needed to know how to STUDY the Bible... not just read it. And I just suggested to my hubs last night to try the chronological bible. It's not that it's a different translation, it's just written in the order that it happened and not in the book form that we're used to. I think my hubs and I are going to try that...keep doing what works for you... :D

    ReplyDelete