Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday Tune

I have another song for you today.  This is song that has been my favorite for a long time.  It is by a group called Mercy Me.  I don't know of any specific lines in the song that come from scripture, but I did search out a scripture that I think captures the message of the song:
Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery

Turn up the volume and enjoy!

"Undone" by Mercy Me
No apologies
For who I'm meant to be
The only thing that matters is
I am free
When I am overwhelmed
Holding pieces of my heart
When I feel my world
Start to fall apart

To the cross I run
Holding high my chains undone
Now I am finally free
Free to be what I've become
Undone

Even in defeat
The face of tragedy
Still you'd have to say that
I found victory
In brokenness comes beauty
Divine fragility
Reminding me of nail scarred hands
Reaching out for me

To the cross I run
Holding high my chains undone
Now I am finally free
Free to be what I've become
To the cross I run
Holding high my chains undone
Now I am finally free
Free to be what I've become

Undone
Hallelujah I'm undone!
To the cross I run
Holding high my chains undone
Now I am finally free
Free to be what I've become


Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment