Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Praise God Take 2

Sunday afternoon the rest of our stuff arrived.  And needless to say it has been downhill everysince. It was old baby things I'm keeping and sentimental toys the kids want to keep, as well as my wedding dress, etc.  There were also some tools, shovels, things like that.  Most of it will go to storage.
You would think you wouldn't have to tell professional movers not to put a chain saw in a box with toys  right?
Wrong.
And you would think that if the box doesn't close, you probably shouldn't force it closed because something inside might get bent right?
Wrong.
And maybe a container of cookie cutters shouldn't be put into a box with rakes and shovels that had been outside right?
Wrong.
Oh and I don't even know what happened to my husband's bike.  The handle bars....well...not sure how to describe it.  Let's just say if he wants to do yoga while riding, he's all set.

So then Monday my husband and I go to the DMV to transfer our license and registration because the sooner we do that, the sooner our car insurance goes down.  Here's the down fall of having your husband handle all the bills, (not that I'm complaining), but I don't have anything that fits the requirement for proof of residence.  My husband brought the electric bill, but it is only in his name.  After two hours we were able to get my husband's license, the registration for the cars and the title to his car transfered over.  Me?  I have to go back with proof of residence to get my license.

This morning I decided to run a few errands and also go back to DMV.  I arrived, waited in line, then was  informed that the camera's were down and they didn't know when they would be back up.  Without the picture, they could not process my license.
Next on my list.  The post office.  I have some thank you notes to send out.  Spent an hour driving around looking for a post office and couldn't find one.  I saw a sign for one, but couldn't find it.
Next the library.  There is a library less than ten minutes from my house.  I went there to get a library card.  I was then informed that that particular library is in another county from where I live, somehow in the 7 minute drive, I crossed counties.  In order to get a library card there I would have to pay an annual fee of $25.  Can you believe that?  I library that charges?  The library that is within my county is probably about 20 minutes away, but with being new to the area who knows how long it will take me to find it.  This one happened to be a block away from the church we visited on Sunday so I knew where I was going when I left.
Oh, and I almost forgot.  All this happend before lunch, and I had been awake since 4 am due to a "monthly" case of insomnia.

Do I think any of this coincidental?
No way.
Sunday night, despite the surprises with receiving our stuff.  We are now officially completly moved in.   Tomorrow I will go pick up my kids who spent the last 10 days with their grandparents.  We moved on July 1st.  Two weeks, and we are completely settled in and ready to begin our new life here as a family.  It will be just the 4 of us, which hasn't happened since the first night we spent here.
So yes, I think all of this bad stuff happened in the last two days to try to discourage me.
I have to admit though, it was harder to counterattack it today then it was a week ago.  I know I have to take the good with the bad. 
But I was just so tired.
However I didn't give in.
I took a nap instead.
And Praise God ! things were better when I woke up.

Thanks for stopping by!
Josey

1 comment:

  1. The image of Mike's bike will have me chuckling for eternity! Love you and miss you. Know you are bathed in prayer...

    ReplyDelete