Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer on Blossom Street

I recently finished Summer on Blossom Street.  One of the many Blossom Street books by Debbie Macomber.
This was another really good read by Debbie Macomber.  I have not ever been disappointed by her books.
Summer on Blossom Street has us back at the yarn shop again with a new group of characters and the return of some familiar ones.  I've read them out of order though.  I should have read Susannah's Garden before Summer on Blossom Street.  And I'm pretty sure I've mixed up the order on a few of the others to.  But no matter.  I'll survive.  Usually the order of a book series is important.  And not to diminish Debbie at all, I think in this case each book can stand alone just fine.  Yes, you can clearly see the order once you read them but it is not a "hill to die on" if you read out of order.
Even though I could sense where the story was going,  I seem to have that problem with every book I read, not just Debbie's, it was still a good story.  Everything moved along at a good pace and the characters were interesting and believable.
I would say it is perfect for your leisure time reading.  I have now moved on to Susannah's Garden and then I'll read Hannah's List.
You can see the full list in order and check out Debbie's other books at http://www.debbiemacomber.com/

Josey
P.S. Can you believe I've posted two days in a row?

No comments:

Post a Comment