Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Book Signing and Lease Signing

I wanted to tell you about something that I did last week but haven't gotten to it till now.
Wonder why?  I guess getting ready to relocate could keep me busy.

Last Tuesday, May 25 I went with my friend Lorraine to Manalapan, New Jersey to a book signing by Debbie Macomber. 
Here's a picture:

It was so much fun.  Not just because it was at a Wegmans, which in itself is just a fun store to visit, but how often do you get to meet an author?  They hardly ever come to New Jersey. I have read her Blossom Street books.  These are the books that started with The Shop on Blossom Street, which is about a woman who opens a yarn store.  That's what drew me to the story. I'm a crocheter.  I've been crocheting since I was a young girl.  Since the first book, she has written several more all about the same street the yarn store is on.  The most recent one is called Hannah's List.  It was on sale at the signing so I bought and had it signed.I really like Debbie's books.  She writes good stories.  I'm thinking of reading some of her other books to.  She has a whole other series set in a town called Cedar Cove.  My friend Lorraine has read them and said they are good.  Check out her website to find out more about Debbie's books http://www.debbiemacomber.com/   You won't be disappointed.
Debbie was so friendly to!  I brought along a book of hers that I had at home and she signed that to.  The book I brought is called Knit Together and it is a non fiction book about finding and using your talents for God.  I admitted to her that I'd like to write a book someday and she was so encouraging.  She gave me her card and said to write to her and she would help me get started.  Can you believe that?  Now of course she had a stack of business cards on the table for anyone to take and her email is right on the card so I guess anyone could email her if they wanted.  But she specifically handed me one and said "write me".  Her publicist also gave me the website of Debbie's publisher to check out for guidelines.
I don't know if people tell her all the time that they want to write and she says the same thing, but it made me feel special anyway.
I have yet to write to her.  I think I will do that today.

Again, I've been a little busy.  My husband and I went to Lynchburg this past weekend and had a whirlwind tour of rental properties.  We found a lovely 3 bedroom 3 bath townhouse with a finished basement/family room right in the Wyndhurst development.  Wyndhurst is similiar to the Celebration development in Disney World.  It is completely self contained with everything within walking distance.  It is very nice and I'm sure we will be very comfortable there.  I don't think I'd like to stay there permanently but it will do for now. 
My husband officially starts his new job on Monday.  We will all be down there together by July 1st.
 He's going down tonight to meet his new boss and then tomorrow he will sign the lease.

Gotta go.
I've more packing to do.

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment