Thursday, April 22, 2010

The S.O.S of P.M.S

I finished reading The S.O.S. of PMS. by Mary Beyers.
I'm glad a I read it.  This book was full of good information about the specific symptoms of PMS and it's causes.  Mary gives practical advice on how to handle the physical symptoms of PMS as well as the emotional symptoms. 
I have stuggled with this issue personally for most of my adult life.  Many times I have found myself crying and vowing to do better next time. What I like most about the book is that she uses a story of a women dealing with PMS as an example throughout each chapter.  After the first few pages I started to cry.  It was like reading a book about my life.  Everything I have been dealing with for several years now was spelled out on the pages.  By the time I finished I had a renewed sense of hope in dealing with the issue.  Which was perfect timing for me because I'm right in the middle of it right now.
Just this past Monday, what started out as a typical Monday turned into a big case of the mommy uglies when my son wouldn't get out of bed when I asked him to.
He was crying.
I was crying.
There was yelling.
It wasn't pretty.
I should have read faster.
I would still recommend this book to anyone dealing with the symptoms of PMS.  I believe it will be very helpful.  I also got it for a good price at Amazon.com
I'll go back to reading One Tuesday morning now.  I also was given the new book by CJ Mahaney as a gift recently. I'll probably work through that one to, maybe during my devotion time.
And speaking of gifts.  I got an early Mother's Day and Birthday gift on Tuesday. It was from my husband who I think is the best husband in the world!!
I'm not going to write about that today.  I need to take some time with it so I can express it properly.

But let me just say, it's BIG,
REALLY BIG.

Can't wait to tell you about it.

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment