Saturday, April 3, 2010

Greetings from Tennessee!

Hey ya'll!
Sorry couldn't resist saying that. 
I'm here in Tennessee visiting my husband's parents for Easter.  We arrived yesterday morning at about 7 am after driving all night.  As much as I love a good road trip, that 10 hour drive is just.....well maybe another time for that.
Anyway, the weather here is nice and warm.  I think we are supposed to get warm weather back home in New Jersey to.  Finally the rain has stopped.
We'll be here until next Friday and I'll try to post as often as I can.
I'm looking forward to some much needed time off.  Those of you who read about my funk a few weeks ago will understand.  Currently we have nothing specific planned, except a trip to Dollywood.  And I'm ok with that.
I'm hoping to use this time wisely, if you know what I mean. I've got my bible, my journal and my writing notebook.  And as a quick side note for those who read regularly, I didn' win the scholarship this year. I anm a little bummed about that.  But I know that if I didn't win it is for a reason, either I'm not supposed to go, or I will get there by some other way. 
Right now I don't know what that means for me and writing.  What I do know is I began this journey a year ago and it isn't finished yet.  God isn't finished with me yet so I cannot give up.  It would be easy to just give this up and say it isn't meant to me.  However, I don't think that is the right thing.  I am compelled to write and I will keep doing that.
Honestly, I think I need to really work at it.  Not just play around on this blog and wish and dream that something is going to happen.  I'm taking this is as my nudge to start working ......hard.  I came across this verse the other day and it is stuck in my head :
Proverbs:13:4
The sluggard  craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.
I've been reading in Proverbs in my daily devotions and this was in a chapter I read last week.  At first I thought it was harsh.  But the more I thought about it the more I realized it was there for me.  God brought it to my attention for a reason.
I think it's time to be diligent.
The timing couldn't be more perfect. 
I'm here in the Smoky Mountains on vacation. 
When I go home I may be taking final steps to leave my job so I can be home more.
And I've just been given a nudge by God.

Amazing!
Gotta go sunshine and mountains are calling
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment