Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Update

Well I did it.
Yesterday at 1:44 pm I submitted an article to Proverbs 31 magazine in an effort to get published.
Oh, just writing that gives me butterflies.
Of course my motive was another scholarship contest to go to the She Speaks Writers and Speakers Conference for women.  But you know something, even if I don't win (which I really really want to), I've accomplished something anyway.  I don't think I would have ever tried to submit an article to their magazine if not for the contest.  And it's not like I couldn't.  Their magazine invites women to submit articles anytime throughout the year.I just don't think I would have.
I don't know what will happen with this.  I'm praying either way there will be some type of improvement or I guess just movement concerning my writing.  That maybe I'll start really moving forward with it and not just writing about wanting to do it.
In the meantime, I'm still just as busy as ever.  Yesterday I tried to book a birthday party for my son.  Can you believe the only date free on our calendar is a week after is birthday, and his sister won't even be able to be there!  It was either that or we wouldn't be able to do it till Memorial Day.  We have something going on every weekend until then.
Unbelievable.
And in the middle of all this chaos, it is "Pychotic Mood Shift" time for me.  I got that title from a book I'm reading.  I took a break from One Tuesday Morning and picked up "The S.O.S. for PMS by Mary M. Byers.  I read something by her earlier this week.  I honestly cannot remember what it was and I don't even want to try because it will make my head hurt if I do.  But she has this book, so I ordered it from Amazon and it came yesterday. I think this is the book I've been looking for concerning this problem.  I read the first few pages and started crying.  It describes perfectly what I've been going through for probably the last 15 years, which each year getting worse than the last.
I'm not finished yet, I'll post a full review when I do.
In the meantime, let me just say  I finally feel like there is hope for this issue and I thank God for whatever it was that I read that helped me find this book.

Gotta go, Thanks for stopping by!

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment