Monday, April 26, 2010

THE BIG NEWS!

Ok, so here's my BIG news.

I'M GOING TO THE "SHE SPEAKS" Writers  & Speakers Conference!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it?
I've been wanting to go to She Speaks ever since I found out about it.  And now I am!
Oh, but how?
Well, I didn't get chosen for a scholarship.
You won't believe what happened.
My husband.  Wait, let me rephrase that.  My WONDERFUL husband has given me a Mother's Day and Birthday present a few weeks early.  (Both are next month.)
He has registered and paid for me to go.  I'm so excited I hardly know what to say.
Event when he gave it to me, I was speechless.  I couldn't even laugh or cry.  Actually I cried later, when no one was looking.    It's probably the single most wonderful gift he has ever bought me.
I never would have asked him for this. It is alot of money to spend on something just for me.
And really, what business do I have wanting to write a book?   See, I don't even think that sentenance is gramatically correct.  As you can tell I haven't been to college.  I have no experience at all with this.  I am in no way qualified to be a writer. What if I'm making a mistake trying to do this?  What if I'm wrong about it?
I received a very nice rejection letter from the Proverbs 31 Magazine staff for the article I sent in.  They said I was a "talented writer".  They wouldn't lie would they?
Hmmmmm.
I'm going anyway.
And I'm excited and scared and looking forward to it all at once. Is that possible?

I've only told a few people so far about it. Isn't that weird? As excited as I am about it, I'm finding it hard to tell people. I think I'm just nervous. Because now this makes it very real. I'm taking actual steps toward what I want to do. It's difficult for me to voice that to people. I've really kept it almost to myself all this time
But I can't keep doing that.   I'm going to have to tell people.
They're going to wonder where I am the last weekend in July when I'm not around for two days.

Also, I want people to know what my husband did for me.  I'm completely blown away by it.  It's more than just that he gave me such a great gift.  I think it's that he understands this is something special to me and important.  He wants me to have my dream.  Or at least try for it. 
It's nice that he knows me so well even thought I never said it to him.  It feels wonderful that he cares so much that he would do this.
Sometimes I think I truly do not deserve him.  You have no idea what he has put up with from me over the years.  And yet not only does he put up with it, he is so good to me, it is unbelievable.

And to think the first time he asked me out,
I said no.
hehehehe

Sometimes I shake my head in Amazement.



Thanks for stopping by!

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment